Looking to level up your email marketing game? These are the best Mailchimp popup plugins for WordPress to really make your mailing list grow!
If you use Mailchimp for email marketing and WordPress for running your website, you’re probably wondering, “Is there a Mailchimp plugin for WordPress?”.
No, there is no official Mailchimp plugin for WordPress. 🙈
But just because there isn’t an official plugin doesn’t mean solid options aren’t available. There are a lot of WordPress plugins to help you create easy forms for Mailchimp.
In fact, there are so many that we’re sticking to only the best Mailchimp popup plugins for WordPress.
Ready to find out what they are?
The 7 best Mailchimp popup WordPress plugins:
1. Formidable Forms
Formidable Forms is one of the leading WordPress form builders. On its own, this plugin creates outstanding subscription forms that pop up on the click of a button.
And when teamed up with a powerful popup plugin like OptinMonster (more on that a little later), you get supercharged signup forms!
You can set up Formidable’s WordPress Mailchimp integration in a few clicks. Then, when a user fills out a form on your WordPress site, their contact information goes straight to your Mailchimp account.
Along with making Mailchimp forms easy, this plugin lets you completely customize your signup forms.
Change the colors, add your branding, or adjust the Mailchimp signup form layout from your WordPress dashboard. And all without needing to code!
Thanks to its drag-and-drop form builder, adding custom fields to your popup forms is simple. And embedding your form in WordPress pages and posts couldn’t be easier thanks to the Formidable WordPress block.
Want to insert your Mailchimp form as a sidebar widget instead? No problem, just copy and paste the form shortcode! Formidable has your back!
All that makes this WordPress plugin a pretty big power-up if you ask us! 🌟 One that most Mailchimp popup plugins can’t beat.
- Seamless integration with Mailchimp and other email service providers, including AWeber, Get Response, Active Campaign, and more
- Powerful drag-and-drop form builder to easily customize contact forms
- 30+ form fields for creating all kinds of forms and landing pages
- Extensive support and documentation
- Unlimited forms, submissions, and pageviews with all plans (even free!)
- May have a steeper learning curve for WordPress beginners
- Formidable Forms offers a free plugin as well as premium plans.
- Paid plans start at $39.50 per year.
Jump at the chance to get this powerful WordPress form maker for Mailchimp.
OptinMonster is one of the best popup plugins out there, and not just for making Mailchimp forms.
With easy WordPress and Mailchimp integration, OptinMonster gives you all the tools to create high-converting popup forms.
And when paired with a fantastic form builder like Formidable, the possibilities are endless.
The plugin's powerful targeting rules let you decide when visitors encounter your popup forms. Whether you want to display a popup based on exit intent, time spent on a page, or the number of pages visited, OptinMonster makes it simple.
It also boasts many types of popups, including slide-ins, floating bars, countdown timers, and a content locker feature for lead generation too.
- Advanced targeting rules for personalized popup displays.
- Exit-intent technology to capture visitors before they leave the site
- Analytics and reporting for tracking conversion rates
- Unlimited subscribers
- Initial setup can be difficult
- Limited page views with all plans
- OptinMonster plans start at $9 per month, billed annually
- There is no free version of OptinMonster
Next on our list is Mailchimp’s classic WordPress companion.
Mailchimp for WordPress, better known as MC4WP, is a long-time favorite of marketers, and for good reason.
MC4WP is dependable and easy to use too.
The straightforward setup of this Mailchimp popup plugin makes it an excellent choice for WordPress users of all skill levels. Especially those who are new to the world of email marketing.
With MC4WP, you can wield the power of customizable popups that offer a wide range of opt-in checkboxes and form types.
From lightbox forms to inline forms, you can find the perfect style to fit your WordPress website's needs, from lightbox to inline forms. Plus, the targeting options ensure you only show your subscription popup to the right people at the right time and place.
And there’s also a version of this Mailchimp WordPress plugin for free!
- Straightforward setup process
- Lightweight and optimized for faster loading times
- Very limited free version: limited support, limited form styling, limited number of emails per month, can only create 1 form for free
- MC4WP offers a free version with basic functionalities
- Premium starts at $79 per year
4. Popup Maker
Popup Maker gives your WordPress forms a real boost 💨.
Designed to be as user-friendly as possible, its intuitive drag-and-drop editor lets you quickly customize your popups. From changing colors to adding attention-grabbing images, you can personalize Mailchimp popups in WordPress without breaking a sweat.
Popup Maker also offers a wide range of triggering options so your newsletter popup appears on click, scroll, hover, or exit intent.
- Super simple setup
- Drag-and-drop editor for easy popup customization
- Diverse targeting options, such as exit-intent triggers and time delays
- Popup Maker branding on popups with free and cheapest plans
- All plans limit the number of page views, subscribers, and emails per month
- Some users have complained about a lack of customer support
- Popup Maker offers a free version
- Premium version starts at $6.95 per month
Hustle works hard on your behalf to help you quickly collect more email addresses and grow your Mailchimp subscriber list.
While the free version of the plugin is limited in terms of styling, targeting, and the number of forms you can create, it is one of the only WordPress popup plugins that lets you trigger a popup on exit intent for free 🆓.
The premium version comes with over a dozen design templates and access to all the WPMU DEV features and plugins.
So, if you’re looking to optimize your website in every way (from image optimization and caching to popups and opt-ins), Hustle just may be the best Mailchimp popup plugin for WordPress for you.
- User-friendly interface with pre-designed templates for quick setup
- A/B testing feature for optimizing popup performance
- Built-in campaign analytics and reporting
- Free exit-intent targeting
- Very limited free version
- Some users find the user interface overwhelming
- Hustle offers a free version with basic features
- The premium version starts at $7.50 per month
This all-in-one marketing solution lets you play with different popup styles, including lightbox popups, scroll-triggered popups, and more, to see what works best for your website.
The free version of Sumo is a beast.
It includes basic analytics, unlimited subscribers, social sharing, and fully customizable opt-ins and popup designs.
But if you want to remove the Sumo branding or start earning revenue thanks to your popups, you’ll have to upgrade to their premium plan.
And it’s the most expensive plugin on our list 💰.
- A wide range of popup types, including welcome mats and scroll boxes.
- Built-in analytics for tracking popup performance and conversion rates.
- Easy-to-use interface with no coding required.
- The free version displays Sumo branding on popups
- Limited customization options in the free version
- Limited number of emails in all plans
- Sumo offers a free version with essential features
- The premium version starts at $39 per month billed annually
Last but certainly not least, we have Bloom by Elegant Themes 🪴.
Hmm, Elegant Themes…. sounds familiar, right? They’re the makers of one of the most popular WordPress themes, Divi. And if you already have an active Divi or Elegant Themes subscription, Bloom is included for free!
And that’s just one reason Bloom is one of the best Mailchimp popup plugins for WordPress.
Bloom arguably offers the most eye-catching designs for your email opt-ins and popups.
Choose from a range of top-notch popup templates, and customize colors, fonts, and animations to create popups tailored to your website's design.
In addition to its good looks, Bloom comes equipped with advanced triggers and targeting options. Whether you want to display a popup after a specific user action or on particular pages, Bloom gives you the control to decide when and where your popups appear.
- Some of the most stylish pre-built popup designs
- Multiple opt-in form types, including popups, fly-ins, and inline forms
- Visual editor for quick setup and customization
- Limited analytics and reporting compared to other plugins
- Requires an Elegant Themes membership
- Bloom is part of Elegant Themes' membership, which starts at $89 per year or $249 for a lifetime membership. The membership grants access to all Elegant Themes products, including Divi, Extra, Monarch, and Bloom.
Which Mailchimp popup plugin will you pick?
Now that you know about the best Mailchimp popup plugins for WordPress to supercharge your signup forms, all that’s left is to pick your plugin and watch your mailing list grow!
So, which Mailchimp popup plugin will you pick for your email list?
Did you decide on Formidable Forms? Great choice! Here’s how to add a Mailchimp popup to WordPress right away!
Read more from the Formidable blog
Formidable Forms does way more than popups. As the most powerful WordPress form builder plugin available, if you can dream it, you can do it! Don't believe us? Give our premium form maker a try today and enjoy a 14-day money-back guarantee.