Want to unlock the power of WordPress forms and Zapier? With the right Zapier integration, it's easy! Learn how a form builder can help automate everything.
Approximate read time: 5 mins
If you're reading this then you know how powerful Zapier is. It's a tool that allows you to connect thousands of apps. Now there's a way you can send WordPress contact forms to Zapier (plus much more).
So how can you fully integrate your WordPress site with this powerful tool? All you need is another powerful tool: a WordPress form builder.
But here's the deal - not all form builders are created equal. So today we are going to introduce you to the ultimate Zapier companion. Formidable Forms!
You might be wondering why you need a form builder. After all, there is a standalone WordPress integration for Zapier. Isn't that good enough?
It's true, the standard WordPress integration can do a lot for WordPress websites. But here's the difference: Formidable Forms can use conditional logic on the WordPress side. Not only that, but you can use form action automation before passing things on to Zapier.
How our WordPress Zapier add-on helps you win
Simply put, our Zapier plugin will save you a ton of tasks! If you know anything about Zapier's pricing model, the more tasks you need, the more you need to pay. It currently costs $49 a month for just 2000 tasks in Zapier.
With Formidable Forms, you'll be able to stretch your Zapier account even further. Not only will automation and conditional logic save you tasks in Zapier, but there's also more with Formidable. Inside Formidable, there are powerful integrations that can connect your forms directly to third party services.
What services? MailChimp, Hubspot, ActiveCampaign, and Salesforce to name a few. Since most triggers for your WordPress site are generated when a user fills out a form, you can consolidate almost all your WordPress Zaps in Formidable.
And you might be thinking about other WordPress form plugins like Caldera Forms, WPforms, GravityForms, or Ninja Forms - don't they have Zapier add-ons? With the exception of WPforms, virtually all major form builders require users to purchase a separate Zapier add-on.
With Formidable Forms, all you need is our business plan, and you are set!
WordPress Forms for Zapier 2.0
Formidable has had a Zapier add-on for a few years now. But as of late 2020, we've updated the plugin to make it even better.
Here's what's new:
- Zap triggers can be updated (so if the trigger changes, you don't need to create a new Zap from scratch).
- Users will now be able to clearly see which form is sending data to Zapier (this will make debugging easier for self-help and support staff).
- Conditional logic can be used from the Formidable end (resulting in fewer Zapier tasks).
- Form action automation can be used to delay or retrigger Zaps (even fewer Zaps and more control over triggers).
Why integrate Zapier with WordPress forms?
When you can take your form data and send it to Zapier, there are really no limits! With our Zapier integration, you can connect your WordPress site to any app that works with Zapier (with no Zapier webhook required).
Think you can just collect email addresses? Think again! Here are some of the most popular integrations our users benefit from are:
- Send new Formidable Form entries to Google sheets (Google spreadsheet)
- Create Infusionsoft contacts from Formidable form entries
- Add new Salesforce leads from WordPress forms
- Create Trello cards from Formidable Forms entries
- Copy uploaded files in a form to Dropbox to backup file uploads
- Add new customers in Quickbooks to keep financial records together
These are just a few examples, there are many more to choose from. You can see the full range of integrations available through Zapier here.
Want an example of how our Zapier integration could all help you? Read our case study! A gamer monetized his hobby using Formidable & Zapier. He used an integration between Formidable Forms & Zapier to solve his website problems and propel his business forward.
How to integrate Zapier with WordPress forms
Setting up a link between Zapier and your WordPress forms is surprisingly simple. There’s no need for technical experience or know-how. Everything can be set up by simply activating our Zapier WordPress add-on.
And by the way, there's even more information to guide you at our Zapier help doc page here.
- Go to your Zapier dashboard and create a Zap.
- Choose Formidable Forms as the app.
- Select an event when the Zap will trigger, either new or delete an entry.
- Choose an existing Formidable Forms account from the dropdown or add a new account.
- Follow the instructions in the popup to make sure Zapier connects to Formidable Forms.
- You will need your Formidable API key. which can be found at Formidable → Global Settings → API. You'll also need your site URL to set up your first Zap.
Start using your new Zapier integration
It's really just that simple to get started with the Formidable Zapier integration. We hope you are feeling inspired. Think of all the time you could save by automating... everything!
If you've found this post helpful, check out the Formidable blog for more WordPress tips. Until next time!
More WordPress forms for Zapier posts
What are you waiting for? Start using our Zapier WordPress plugin to connect your WordPress forms with thousands of applications.