Translate your forms into multiple languages using WPML and the Formidable Multilingual add-on.
Download and install
- Purchase and install the following plugins from wpml.org:
- Download latest version of the Multilingual add-on. View the change log to see a complete list of changes made in each version.
- In your WordPress admin, go to 'Plugins' → 'Add New' and click the 'Upload Plugin' button at the top of the page.
- Upload the zip file you just downloaded in step two. Once the plugin is installed, click 'Activate Plugin' or go to the 'Plugins' page, find 'Formidable Multilingual' and click 'Activate'.
- In your WordPress admin, go to 'Formidable' → 'Plugin Licenses' and add your license key.
Translate a form
After the three WPML plugins and the Formidable Multilingual add-on are activated, you may follow the steps below to translate your forms.
- Go into edit a form that you would like to translate. Click on "Settings" and click the "Translate Form" button.
- Enter your translations. If you would like to prevent a translation from being used, uncheck the 'Complete' box.
- Publish your form on a page and use WPML to translate the page to any other languages you would like to use.
Sending translated emails
In order to send the email for the correct language, you'll set up multiple emails. Each of these emails will be sent conditionally, based on the language submitted.
- Add a hidden field to your form. Use the language code for the default value. For example, use en for English.
- Go to the translation page for this form. Translate 'en' to the language code for each language you are using.
- Add one email action for each language on your Form Actions page. Set them up however you'd like.
- In order to prevent every email from sending, add conditional logic to each one. The logic will look like this:
The default language always showing after setting up and saving your translation is usually related to settings in WPML. It works best if the default language in the WPML settings is the same and the default language set for the string translations.