Instantly integrate Formidable Forms with OpenAI, with no API setup required. Use the AI field to display AI-generated responses and include them in the form before submission, email notification, confirmation message, or a View.
Download and Install
- If you haven't already, install and activate the current version of Formidable Forms Premium on your WordPress site.
- After confirming your Formidable Forms license, proceed to the Formidable → Add-Ons page and click the Install button for the Form AI WordPress plugin.
Standard field options
An AI field has the following standard options:
Use the 'Require Confirmation' option to require a user to confirm that the information they entered in a field is correct. For more information see the Confirmation fields page.
Select this checkbox if you do not want the AI response to appear immediately in the form. It is helpful if you'd prefer to only show the message in an email, View, or summary field.
Give Open AI more context for the type of response you would like to receive. We recommend keeping this short.
Select which form field(s) the AI field should watch. It requires that all fields must have a value. Note: Do not collect sensitive information in any watched field.
This field setting allows you to set an autocomplete HTML attribute. It prompts the browser to attempt autocompletion based on the user's history. Read more about the Autocomplete attribute and how it works.
The options give context to autofill features in browsers. For example, choosing Email will set autocomplete="email" on your email fields. Note: The autocomplete attribute will be used in favor of an attribute found in custom HTML.
Field action icons allow you to duplicate, delete, and move a field on the form builder page. See the field action icons article for more information.
Display AI fields
Insert [x] in a form's confirmation message, email, or View to display the submitted AI values. Replace x with the ID or key of the AI field.
Build an AI Form
- If you still need to, create a form or edit the form where you would like to use the AI field.
- Add a text or paragraph field in the form builder where users can type in their questions.
- Find the AI field on the left sidebar and click or drag and drop it into your form.
- In the AI field options, look for the Watch fields dropdown and select which field(s) it should watch. There is no API setup required. It will combine the watched fields and send them to the OpenAI API when all fields have a value.
- If the AI field is on the same form page as the fields it's watching, adding a default value may improve the user experience. This default message will show until the last watched field has a value and then switch to the loading indicator.
- Save the form and click Preview. When the form is visited, the AI field will appear and be ready to use.
- Character limits: To keep costs down, only the first 1,000 characters in a request will be sent to OpenAI.
- The combined length of your question, prompt, and generated response cannot exceed about 4,000 characters.
- The AI field uses the model GPT-3.5.
The Customize HTML for this field includes:
[if loading]<div class="frm_ai_loading">insert content here</div>[/if loading]
Between these loading tags, you can add anything custom.
Related developer hook
- To manage the values sent using the AI, use the frm_ai_data hook.