Track which pages a user visits before submitting a form. The user flow information is viewed on the individual entry page in the admin, pages, posts, confirmation messages, and email notifications.
- Show how much time was spent on each step with timestamps.
- Show other forms that were submitted before the current form.
- Display a summary of the time between the first time the user data was logged and when the form was submitted.
- Show the terms searched on the site in the user flow.
- Show a list of every page visited on the site before submitting a form.
- Show how users got to the site when clicking a link on another site.
Download and Install
- If you haven't already done so, install and activate Formidable Forms.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Formidable → Add-Ons and click the Install button for the Formidable User Tracking plugin.
View User Flow Details
Once the User Flow add-on is activated, it will immediately start tracking your users, and all future submissions will include the User Flow information in the entry details.
- To view the user flow details, go to Formidable → Forms and select your form.
- After a new entry is submitted, go to the form Entries page. Click View to see the entry details.
- In the Entry details page, scroll down to the User Flow section. It will allow you to see the list of actions taken before submitting the form.
- Click the link icon to view the visited page in a new tab.
Using the User Flow details
Add to email notifications
- Go to your form Settings → General → Actions & Notifications page.
- Select the Email Notification form action and scroll down to the Messages box.
- Select the Append IP Address, Browser, and Referring URL to message checkbox to include the user flow information in the email notification when the form is submitted.
- When the form is submitted, the email notification will include the user flow information at the end of the message.
Add to pages and posts
- Go to your page or post and insert the following shortcode.
[frm-show-entry id=x user_info=1]
Replace x with the ID of the entry.
- Once added, it will show an entry with the user flow information (including IP address, browser, and referring URL).
Add to confirmation messages
- Go to your form Settings → General → Messages page and insert the following shortcode.
[frm-show-entry id=[id] user_info=1]
- Once added, it will display the user flow information for that submitted entry on the confirmation message.