Create posts from the front-end using Formidable, and set many of the fields to save directly into Advanced Custom Fields plugin (ACF) right out of the box.
Setup your Post
- Go to your ACF (Custom Fields) menu → Add New and create a field group with custom fields. Take note of the available field types for integration.
- If you have already created a Formidable form, go into your form Settings → Actions & Notifications and click the Create Post icon. Set up your post creation.
- In the Create Post form action, go to the Custom fields section and map your ACF custom fields. Click the Add button, then click the Enter new link.
- Make sure that the Name you used in your Formidable form action is the same as the Field Name you have used in your ACF field group.
- Save your settings and create your first post.
Easy-integration ACF Fields
These basic field types will work together without any custom code.
|Formidable Field||ACF Equivalent||Notes|
|Single Line Text||Text|
|Paragraph Text||Text Area||Works best to select "No formatting" in ACF|
|Rich Text||Wysiwyg Editor|
|Radio Buttons||Radio Button|
|Dropdown||Select||Make sure the multiselect option is either on or off in both places|
|File Upload||File||Do not allow multiple files in Formidable.|
|File Upload||Image||Do not allow multiple files in Formidable.|
|User ID (hidden)||User|
Any field types that are not listed above and more advanced field types, like the repeater field and the ACF group field type, currently require custom code for integration. If you are interested in an add-on that would help fill the gaps, let us know by voting here.
ACF Google Map field
You can find user-contributed instructions on setting this up in the Community Tips & Tricks.