Integrate Formidable Forms with your Salesforce account with the WordPress Salesforce integration plugin. Add the data submitted from your WordPress forms as Contacts or Leads in your Salesforce account.
Download and Install
- Download the latest version of the WordPress Salesforce integration plugin
- In your WordPress admin, go to 'Plugins' → 'Add New' and click the 'Upload' link at the top of the page.
- Click the 'Browse' button and select the formidable-salesforce.zip file you just downloaded. Once the plugin is installed, click 'Activate Plugin' or go to the 'Plugins' page, find 'Formidable Salesforce Forms' and click 'Activate'.
- In your WordPress admin, go to 'Formidable' → 'Plugin Licenses' and add your license key for the Salesforce Forms add on.
Setup Formidable for Salesforce Forms
The Client ID and Client Secret key must be saved in your WordPress dashboard under Formidable → Global Settings → Salesforce. This allows Formidable to communicate with Salesforce. To get these values, follow the steps below.
Get Client ID and Client Secret key
Create a connected app
To get client ID and Client Secret you will need to create a connected app in your Salesforce account.
Go to Setup → Apps → App Manager → Manage Connected Apps in your Salesforce dashboard and click the 'New Connected App' button.
- Add Connected App Name, API Name, and Contact Email.
- Check the 'Enable OAuth Settings' box and add https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/success in the Callback Url box.
- In the 'Selected OAuth Scopes' section, select 'Full Access' and 'Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)'.
- Click the 'Save' button.
Save keys in global settings
After you save your new connected app, you'll be taken to the page with details about it. This page includes the 'Consumer key' and a link to 'Click to reveal' the Consumer Secret key.
- Go to the WordPress dashboard on the Formidable → Global Settings → Salesforce tab.
- Paste your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret key on this page and click the 'Update Options' button.
- Click the 'Authorize' button.
- When you click the 'Authorize' button a pop will open. Login with your Salesforce credentials and give access to app. The url will now include ?code= in the url. Copy this code from the url and close the popup.
- Go back to the Formidable → Global Settings → Salesforce tab, paste this code into the 'Auth code' box, and click 'Update options'.
- You're all set to create your Salesforce forms. The Deauthorize button should now show on the page to indicate authorization was successful.
If you would like to run tests in Sandbox mode, you'll need a Salesforce sandbox account. Sandbox testing can be done at https://test.salesforce.com/.
Setup Salesforce form settings
Now that your WordPress site is connected to your Salesforce account, it's time to create your Salesforce forms.
- If you haven't already created a form to collect your customers and leads, create a form now.
- Go to edit the form which you will be linking to Salesforce. Go to the 'Settings' → 'Form Actions' tab for this form and click on the Salesforce icon.
- This will give you the mapping settings for your Salesforce form. First, choose the type of object you would like to create. This includes contacts, leads, events, and many more.
- The Salesforce forms plugin will automatically fetch all the fields depending on your Object selection (Contact/ Leads). Your current form fields will be seen on the left which you can match up with Salesforce form fields. Be sure to map a form field to each required Salesforce field.
- Save the changes and submit an entry in your form. The object you selected should now have a new item showing in Salesforce.
The Formidable → Global Settings → Salesforce page includes an option to turn on debug mode. When enabled, any error messages will show on-screen after the form is submitted.
When debug mode is either on or off, log messages can be saved. To see messages after any API calls, install the Logs plugin and follow the instructions on that page.