Download and Install
- If you haven't already done so, install and activate Formidable Forms Pro.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Formidable → Add-Ons and click the Install button for the HubSpot WordPress plugin.
Setup Formidable for HubSpot Forms
Get a HubSpot API key
- Generate an API key by following the instructions in the HubSpot docs.
- Go to the WordPress dashboard on the Formidable → Global Settings → HubSpot tab.
- Paste your HubSpot API key on this page and click the Update button.
- You're all set to create HubSpot forms.
Setup HubSpot form settings
Now that your WordPress site is connected to HubSpot, it's time to create your HubSpot forms.
- If you haven't already created a form to collect contacts, create a form now.
- Go to edit the form you will be linking to HubSpot. Go to the Settings → Actions & Notifications tab for this form and click on the HubSpot icon.
- This will give you the mapping settings for your HubSpot form. The HubSpot forms plugin will automatically fetch all the fields. Be sure to select a form field for each required HubSpot field.
If you haven't already added your API key, you can also add it here.
- Save the changes and submit an entry in your form. After submitting an entry, you should see a new contact listed in HubSpot.
No options in the form action
When a HubSpot form action is added, it should include a dropdown filled with all the possible HubSpot lists. If this dropdown is empty, there might be a connection error between your site and HubSpot.
- Go to the Formidable → Global Settings page and click the Update button. Do you see an error message about your HubSpot API key?
- If the API key is correct, and no error messages appear, return to the HubSpot form action and click the Clear Cache button.
- Install the Formidable Logs plugin from the Formidable → Add-Ons page to check for any error messages. After installing, you will find your logged form actions on the Formidable → Logs page. Click on any logged action to see more detail.
Missing lists in form action
Every list may not show in the form action settings. There are a couple reasons why a list may be missing.
- The list was created after Formidable last fetched them. Click the Clear Cache button to reset the list options.
- The list is not set as a static list. HubSpot does not allow new contacts to be added to active/dynamic lists.