Send your Formidable Forms data to Google Spreadsheet when a user submits the form on your site. Each form has its own Google Spreadsheet, and the data is added to the selected sheet as a new row.
Download and Install
- If you still need to do so, install and activate Formidable Forms.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Formidable → Add-Ons and click the Install button for the Google Spreadsheet WordPress plugin.
Set up Google API Integration
Step 1: Create Google API project
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console. Select an existing project or create a new project.
- After opening the project, it will redirect you to the APIs & Services dashboard. Or you can click the menu icon at the top left corner of the screen and select APIs & Services.
- Click + Enable APIS and Services.
- Search for the following APIs in the Library and enable each by clicking the Enable button.
- Google Sheets API
- Google Drive API
Step 2: Setup OAuth Consent Screen
- After enabling all the required APIs, go to APIs & Services → OAuth Consent Screen.
- Select External as the User type. Click the Create button.
- Under App information, add an Application Name and User support email.
- Under the App domain, add a Website URL as your Application home page.
- Add an Authorized Domain.
- Under Developer contact information, add an email address in the field. Click the Save and continue button at the bottom of the page.
- Under Scopes, click the Save and continue button at the bottom of the page.
- Under Test Users, click the Add Users button and insert the email address of the test user associated with a Google account. Your app will start in testing mode and will only be available to users you add to the list of test users. Click the Save and continue button at the bottom of the page.
- Under Summary, click the Back to Dashboard button at the bottom of the page to redirect you to the newly created app.
- (Optional) Publishing your app will require submitting it to Google for verification. If you do not verify your app, it will be identified to users by its redirect location or client data.
Step 3: Get OAuth Client ID
- Go to APIs & Services → Credentials. Click Create Credentials and select OAuth Client ID from the dropdown to generate the keys.
- Select the Web Application from the Application type dropdown.
- Use your website URL as the Authorized redirect URI in this field. Be sure to include the trailing slash at the end of your URL.
- Click the Create button.
- In the popup window, copy your Client ID and Client Secret keys.
Step 4: Save project keys in settings
- After generating the project keys, go to Formidable → Global Settings → Google Sheets tab.
- Paste your Client ID and Client Secret ID on this page.
- Click the Authorize button to complete the connection.
Create a Google Spreadsheet Form
Now that you have added the project keys to your Formidable settings, it is time to create your Google Spreadsheet form.
- First, create a form in the same way as other Formidable Forms.
- Go to your form Settings → Actions & Notifications and click the Google Sheets icon.
- Give your Google Sheets action an Action Name for easy reference. This name will only be seen in the back end.
- Choose when this action should be triggered: Entry is created, Entry is imported.
- In the Select File dropdown, choose the Google Sheets file where you want to send the form data. Add a column header in the selected Google Sheet to map your form fields to those headers.
- If you have multiple sheets in your file, you can choose which sheet the form data should go to in the Select Sheet dropdown.
- Under the Map Sheet Headers section, map your form fields to the sheet headers.
- Click the Update button to save your settings.
Send existing entries
If you have existing entries in your form, click the Send existing entries button to append all the existing form entries to the selected Google sheet. To avoid errors, remember to map the sheet headers to form fields before sending the data.
The Google Sheets add-on doesn't currently support two-way sync. The information is one-way from Formidable to Google Sheets.