ActiveCampaign is not only for email marketing, but is also for marketing automation and sales CRM. Learn how to use ActiveCampaign forms on your WordPress site.
Download and Install
- If you haven't already done so, install and activate Formidable Forms.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Formidable → Add-Ons and click the 'Install' button for the ActiveCampaign WordPress plugin.
Setup ActiveCampaign Integration
Once the ActiveCampaign WordPress plugin is installed, a new global settings tab and form action will be available. Your WordPress site needs to be linked to your ActiveCampaign account.
- Go to ActiveCampaign.com and log in. Go to Settings → Developer on the ActiveCampaign dashboard.
- In a new browser tab, go to Formidable → Global Settings → ActiveCampaign.
- Copy and paste your ActiveCampaign API URL and API key on the Formidable Global settings page.
Create ActiveCampaign Forms
Next the form is ready to be mapped to ActiveCampaign fields.
- Go to Formidable → Forms and go to the settings page for your form.
- Click on the Settings → Actions & Notifications tab. Click the Add to ActiveCampaign icon to add an ActiveCampaign action to your form.
- Give your ActiveCampaign action a Label for easy reference. This label will only be seen on the back-end.
- Select the ActiveCampaign list and connect fields from your form with the ActiveCampaign fields. Be sure to map all required ActiveCampaign fields.
Note: The tags field can be any comma-separated string or checkbox field, where each comma-separated value will be a different tag in ActiveCampaign.
- Submit the form and a new contact will be added in ActiveCampaign.
If you have followed the instructions above and data isn't getting added to ActiveCampaign, the below suggestions might help:
- Often the best first step is to install the Formidable Logs add-on to get more details about any errors that might be preventing your data from getting to ActiveCampaign.
- If you are sending a date to ActiveCampaign, sometimes they require the date to be formatted as YYYY-MM-DD. You can change the date format in the Formidable global settings