How to find a conflict
When you run into an issue, the first step is most often to test to see if anything on your site is interfering with Formidable to cause the issue.
- deactivate all plugins except Formidable (deactivate addons too)
- switch to the default 2017 theme
- update Formidable to the current version, if it isn't already
- update WordPress to the current version, if it isn't already
- clear all caching on your site and in your browser
- if you use a service like CloudFlare, put it in developer mode while testing
If the issue doesn't show up under these circumstances, you can add each item back in, one at a time, and test after adding each one until you find the culprit.
Test on a staging site
If this is a live site, you can do the test on a copy of the site (a staging site), instead. If you put the staging site on staging.yoursite.com or dev.yoursite.com, you won't need an extra license for it.
Some hosts have an easy way to create a staging site. If yours doesn't, you can copy your site using free plugins like All in One WP Migration or Duplicator or any other plugin or system you like. Your host may be willing to create a staging site for you if you ask.
- Admin Menu Tree Page View: When changes are made to the page orders, the form actions in Formidable are moved to the wrong forms.
- Divi theme: Returns a 500 error on the form preview page.
- Download Manager by Shaon: Causes functionality issues with the Bootstrap Modal AddOn.
- Duplicate / Clone Pages and Posts: May prevent views and forms from duplicating correctly.
- Facebook Chat: May interfere with the reCAPTCHA working on your site.
- Fast Velocity Minify may prevent File Upload fields from working properly.
- Login with Ajax: Prevents WordPress posts from getting created from forms setup to create posts.
- Ultimate Member: Can make file uploads take significantly longer, and show a 'Hello, Spam Bot' message.
- User Meta: Forces all emails to either HTML or plain text, depending on what is selected in their settings
- W3 Total Cache: With some W3 settings, an incorrect link to uploaded files will be included in the email notification, reCAPTCHA and Math Captcha may not work, and entries will not always be submitted. The W3C database cache function causes uploaded files to not attach to the email.
- WPFront User Role Editor will sometimes lose the ability to un-check capabilities while Formidable is active. This can be circumvented by deactivating Formidable, making your changes, and then reactivating Formidable.
- WPRocket may prevent File Upload fields from working properly.
- The WP reCaptcha plugin may prevent Formidable reCAPTCHAs from functioning.
- WP User Avatar cuts off the CSV export file at 130 KB