This article will cover the steps to take when transferring your site to a new domain or host.
Transfer with a migration plugin
When transferring your site from one domain to another, we recommend copying your entire database to your new site. If possible, you should do a full migration of data which includes your database and all files on your server. You can use WordPress migration plugins to facilitate transferring your data from one site to another.
Transfer Formidable data only
If you do not want to transfer all of the files and/or database tables from your old host to your new host, we recommend following these steps:
- On your old site, export all of your Forms, Views, and Styles in an XML file. Note: Do not include your entries in this step.
- On your old site, export all of your Entries in a CSV file. Note: Export a separate CSV for each form you have.
- On your new site, install Formidable Forms Pro.
- On your new site, import the XML from Step 1 with all of your Forms, Views and Styles.
- On your new site, import the CSV files from Step 2, one at a time.
Please note: Formidable support does not cover partial migrations of data from one site to another. Partial migrations may cause data loss or broken relationships between your fields and entries.