Subscribe your users to an AWeber mailing list when they submit your forms. Please note, you must have an AWeber account in order to use the AWeber add-on.
Download and Install
- If you haven't already done so, install and activate Formidable Forms.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Formidable → Add-Ons and click the Install button for the AWeber WordPress plugin.
- Now that the plugin is activated, go to Formidable → Global Settings → AWeber. Insert your Authorization ID. You can create an Authorization ID by clicking the link on the AWeber settings page or click here to type in your AWeber login information and get an Authorization ID.
Now you can copy and paste the authorization code from AWeber's site into the Authorization ID field.
Set up AWeber in a Form
- To get started, go into edit the form which you will be using to subscribe users to a mailing list. Click Settings → Actions & Notifications.
- Click the AWeber logo.
- Select the AWeber mailing list that you would like to add subscribers to, then select the name and email fields from your form. If you have a first and last name field in your form instead of a full name field, you can use text calculations to combine the first and last name into a hidden field. Then you can map this hidden field to the AWeber Full Name field.
- You can also define an ad tracking category for your action and include any comma separated tags that you want. Both of these fields support shortcodes as well. Any previously used tags will be listed as well for easy reuse.
- If you have an 'Opt in' question in your form, you can use conditional logic to only add users who intentionally opt in. Please note that Conditional Logic is only available in the Pro version of Formidable Forms.
You can use multiple rows of conditional logic for one list. You can also choose that all, or any conditions must be met in order to add the user to the mailing list.
- Don’t forget to hit Update so these settings will be saved.
- If you wish to have multiple lists for one form, simply repeat steps 1-6 as needed.
If your account info is incorrect, you may receive this error message. This may occur if your AWeber authorization ID was not set up correctly, or if your action had already been connected to another account.