Subscribe visitors with a Constant Contact form on your WordPress site. When a form is submitted, automatically add subscriber information to your Constant Contact account.
Please note, you must have a Constant Contact account in order to use this plugin. We recommend a 60-day free trial if you don't yet have an account.
Download and install
- If you haven't already done so, install and activate Formidable Forms.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Formidable → Add-Ons and click the 'Install' button for the Constant Contact WordPress plugin.
Authorize Constant Contact forms
Get Authorization Code
In order to send contacts to Constant Contact, you'll first need to link up your WordPress site.
- Go to the Formidable → Global Settings → Constant Contact tab.
- Click the button to Get Authorization Code.
- After logging into your Constant Contact account, you'll be taken to FormidableForms.com. The authorization code will show on the page. Click the Send to My Site button to copy the code back to your settings.
- Click the Update button.
- Now your site should be linked, and a 'Connection successful' message will appear on the page.
Setup Constant Contact forms settings
Once your Constant Contact account is linked, a Constant Contact form can be created.
- If you haven't already created a form to collect your leads, create a form now.
- Go to edit your lead form. Go to the Settings → Actions & Notifications tab for this form and click on Constant Contact.
- Select your Constant Contact list, and match up fields in your form with the Constant Contact fields that appear.
- Save the settings and submit a test contact in the form.
If extra detail about a contact is added either from another form or directly in Constant Contact, the data will be merged when updating. This means that contacts will not be removed from a list when they are added to a new one. Also, if a value is removed when an entry is updated, it will not be removed from the contact profile in Constant Contact.
Any time an API request is sent to Constant Contact, log messages can be saved. To see the messages, install the Logs plugin.
After a Constant Contact form is submitted, go to the Formidable → Logs page and click the link to view the most recent log entry for your form. This page includes details on whether the requests were successful, and helpful messages if the request failed.