Subscribe visitors with a Constant Contact form on your WordPress site. When a form is submitted, automatically add subscriber information to your Constant Contact account.
Please note, you must have a Constant Contact account in order to use this plugin. We recommend a 60-day free trial if you don't yet have an account.
Download and install
- If you haven't already done so, install and activate Formidable Forms.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Formidable → Add-Ons and click the Install button for the Constant Contact WordPress plugin.
Authorize Constant Contact forms
Get Authorization Code
To send contacts to Constant Contact, you first need to link up your WordPress site.
- Go to Formidable → Global Settings. Click the Constant Contact menu tab.
- Select the Get Authorization Code button.
- You will be redirected to Constant Contact, where you can log in to your account.
- After successfully logging in, you are redirected back to the settings page. The input box is automatically populated with the Authorization code.
- Click the Update button to confirm your new Constant Contact Authorization code.
Setup Constant Contact forms settings
Once your Constant Contact account is linked, a Constant Contact form can be created.
- If you haven't already created a form to collect your leads, create a form now.
- Go to edit your lead form. Go to the Settings → Actions & Notifications tab for this form and click on Constant Contact.
- Select your Constant Contact list, and match up fields in your form with the Constant Contact fields that appear.
- You can also define a custom field for your action if you want to include fields other than Full Name and Email. Go to Constant Contact → Contacts → Manage Custom Fields and create custom fields that you would like to add.
- Save the settings and submit a test contact in the form.
If extra detail about a contact is added either from another form or directly in Constant Contact, the data will be merged when updating. This means that contacts will not be removed from a list when they are added to a new one. Also, if a value is removed when an entry is updated, it will not be removed from the contact profile in Constant Contact.
The Constant Contact add-on doesn't currently support two-way sync. The information is one-way from Formidable to Constant Contact.
No options in the form action
When a Constant Contact form action is added, it should include a dropdown filled with all the possible Constant Contact lists. If this dropdown is empty, there might be a connection error between your site and Constant Contact.
- Go to the Formidable → Global Settings page and click the Update button. Do you see an error message about your Constant Contact Authorization Code?
- If the Authorization Code is correct, and no error messages appear, return to the Constant Contact form action and click the Clear Cache button.
- Install the Formidable Logs plugin from the Formidable → Add-Ons page to check for any error messages. After installing, you will find your logged form actions on the Formidable → Logs page. Click on any logged action to see more detail.
Any time an API request is sent to Constant Contact, log messages can be saved. To see the messages, install the Logs plugin.
After a Constant Contact form is submitted, go to the Formidable → Logs page and click the link to view the most recent log entry for your form. This page includes details on whether the requests were successful, and helpful messages if the request failed.