Google Analytics is a powerful tool, especially when integrated with your website. In this post, we'll show you five of the best WordPress Google Analytics plugins!
If you use Google Analytics, you probably get why it's so popular. This tool can help you learn more about your audience to grow your business if it's connected up to your site. Therefore, you may be wondering which of the top WordPress Google Analytics plugins is right for you.
Fortunately, you have a lot of options to pick from for your WordPress website. By reading more about each tool and what it can do, you can choose the one that best fits your needs.
In this article, we'll look at why you should use a Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. Then we'll cover five of the most powerful options available. Let's go!
Why you should use a Google Analytics plugin
Google Analytics can be a lifesaver. However, adding code for connecting your WordPress site can be a bit tricky, so you might want to use a plugin instead.
Although you can add Google Analytics to WordPress without plugin, an analytics plugin will add the code automatically. Thus, it can help you integrate this program with your site much quicker.
Also, some tools can be very practical. For instance, you can choose a plugin that displays analytics right in the WordPress dashboard, or one that formats your data in a more interactive way.
These plugins can help make your use of statistics much easier, while also saving you time. However, choosing the best WordPress plugin for Google Analytics can be a bit challenging.
That's why we've done the research for you. If you want to learn more about your options, consider the following list of popular Google Analytics plugins.
The best WordPress Google Analytics plugins
Without further ado, here are the best WordPress plugins for Google Analytics.
MonsterInsights makes it very easy to add Google Analytics to your site. With just a few clicks, you can start making the most of your tracking.
However, 'easy' doesn't mean 'weak'. MonsterInsights has several powerful features, including:
- An ecommerce report to help you keep track of critical online store data
- Integration with other Google technology to boost your search engine rankings
- Integration with Formidable Forms for easy form conversion tracking
- Information like 'most popular pages' to help you optimize your content
- Custom event tracking on any link
If you're a fan of simplicity, you'll love MonsterInsights. From adding the program to reading your Google analytics reports, this plugin helps you enhance your strategy with minimal obstacles. Learn how to set up Google Analytics with your forms.
Price: The basic version of MonsterInsights is free. There are also paid plans with more features, starting at $99.50 per year.
Every website has its unique needs. Therefore, you might want to choose a plugin that offers a personalized experience, such as ExactMetrics.
ExactMetrics gives you custom feedback. Other standout features include:
- Real-time statistics right in your admin screen
- Affiliate link tracking to help you make money online
- Outbound link trails, so you can learn where your users go after they visit
- A direct integration with Formidable Forms to track form conversions
- Use data attributes for custom WP / Google Analytics events
You might like ExactMetrics if you want tailored advice. This program can give you simple yet helpful directions.
Price: If you're a small business owner, consider starting with the $99.50 per year pro version. You can also purchase an agency-level plan for $399.50.
Let's be honest: not all data will be useful. You might not want to dig through unimportant information. If that's the case, Analytify could be the best plugin for you.
This program focuses on collecting actionable reports. Some examples of this include:
- Page-level information, such as page views and average time spent in one location
- Social media results
- Optional automatic email reports to keep you in the loop
- One-click forms tracking for Formidable Forms
If you have specific goals for your site, Analytify can help you achieve them. You can use its helpful reports to improve your business strategy and drive more conversions.
Price: You can access Analytify for free. You can also get a premium version starting at $59 per year.
GAinWP is one of the only WordPress Google Analytics plugins to focus on privacy. This program shows your customers how their data is being used. However, it also gives you more control over your reports.
Here are a few privacy and security features offered by GAinWP:
- The option to choose who can see your results based on user roles
- A tracking opt-out prompt for your front-end users
- Full compatibility with WordPress multisite to help keep multiple pages secure
As you might have guessed, this tool is a smart choice if you want to prioritize privacy. It also lets you add Google Analytics to your site without much trouble.
Price: You can use a free version of GAinWP. Alternatively, you can subscribe to IntelligenceWP for a host of features. The basic plan starts at $200 per year.
Sometimes, you don't need a lot of features. In that case, you might be happy with a simple plugin that gets the job done, such as GA Google Analytics.
This program focuses on the most essential functions. Here are some of our favorite features:
- The ability to disable tracking on logged-in users, to focus on possible conversions instead
- Support for anonymous IP addresses
- The option to add your own Google Analytics tracking code into the header and footer spaces
GA Google Analytics is very lightweight, so it can help you preserve fast loading times. Minimal coding means you can track your statistics without sacrificing your site speed.
Price: GA Google Analytics is available for free. You can also pay a one-time fee of $15 to unlock premium features on a single site.
Statistics can be a powerful tool. Thus, it's important that you choose the right analytics plugin for your site tracking feature.
In this article, we covered five effective WordPress Google Analytics plugins:
- MonsterInsights for a simple experience
- ExactMetrics if you want custom feedback
- Analytify to focus on actionable data
- GAinWP for a privacy-centric option
- GA Google Analytics if you want a lightweight, speedy solution
If you're using statistics to track user engagement, let Formidable Forms help! When you choose from one of the best WordPress analytics plugin, you'll get form conversion tracking too.