Certain changes to your form, theme, other plugins, or host environment can sometimes cause unanticipated behavior with your form. For example, a form that will not submit or an error message. We've found certain steps can help narrow down where a potential problem might be coming from:
- Change your theme to a WordPress default (such as Twenty Seventeen) and try again.
- Deactivate any other plugins.
- Deactivate or otherwise remove any custom code. In our experience, the most common cause for problems is conflicting code.
- Run your page through an HTML validator. You may have added something in your form preventing it from functioning correctly.
- Open Firebug on your page, select the Console tab, and click Persist. When you click submit, you'll see a message like POST http://example.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php. This message can be expanded to see more detail. The response tab is often helpful for telling us what is going on.
- If you encounter error messages, check out these troubleshooting guides. Contact us if you still have trouble with your theme and other plugins disabled.