Use the Formidable Entries List widget to add a list of entries, categories, or categorized entries to your sidebar. When the user clicks on an item in the list, they will be taken to the single entry page of your View.
Set Up the Entries List Widget
- Create a View for the entries you would like to display. You must select “Both (Dynamic)” as the View Format in order for the links to work correctly in the widget.
- In your WordPress admin, go to "Appearance" → "Widgets".
- Drag the widget called “Formidable Entries List” into your sidebar.
- Insert a title. If not specified, this will default to the title of the selected View.
- Under "Use Settings from display", select the View you would like to use.
- If you have published the selected View using the shortcode, select the page where the View has been published.
- If you would like your sidebar to display categories or categorized entries, check the box to “List Entries by Category”. Otherwise, your entries will simply be listed.
- If you have not yet added a field in your form to act as the category, save your widget and add one now. It works best for this field to be a radio button or dropdown field.
- If you would like the entry counts to be displayed, check the “Show Entry Counts” box.
- Select "Show Only Category Name" to show the category names or select "Show Entries Beneath Categories" to include the entries beneath the categories.