If you encounter any issues with your site, the support team may need to request access to your site to troubleshoot the problem. While providing site login credentials is standard practice for efficient and practical support, it's important to note that you don't have to share your own specific user login details.
We recommended that you create a separate login for the support team to use, with limited access to your site's functionalities. This ensures that your personal information and data remain secure while allowing the support team to diagnose and resolve any issues you may be experiencing.
Create temporary admin user
To guarantee the safety of your information, you can create a set of temporary site admin login details using WordPress.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Users → Add new.
- Fill out the form on the page to add a new user with the following information.
- Username: FormidableForms
- Email: [email protected]
- Role: Administrator
- Choose a strong and secure password. If you need help choosing a password, click the Generate password button, and a unique password will be created for you.
- To ensure the support gets the login information, check the box for Send User Notification.
- Once you have added all the necessary information, click the Add New User button to complete the process.
Delete temporary admin user
After the issue has been resolved and you have received the necessary help, removing the temporary WordPress admin user is a good idea. Follow the steps below to get started.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Users → All Users.
- Search for the user you want to delete and hover over their profile. This action will reveal an additional menu, including the option to click Delete.
- A confirmation page will appear after clicking the delete option. To proceed with the deletion, click the Confirm Deletion button.
Privately sharing site information
If you are concerned about security risks when sharing sensitive information via email, you can use a temporary link that only allows access for a limited time. Tools like SupportAlly can help you share site information without putting it in the support ticket. Follow the instructions below to get started.
- Enter the information you want to share in the Secret content goes here box.
- Check the I’m not a robot checkbox.
- Click the Create Secret Link button to generate a secret link with a maximum lifetime of 30 days.
- Copy the secret link and paste it into the support ticket.