Plugin: Formidable Forms
This release includes a lot of optimization. Some of these require action on your part in order to take advantage of the changes. If you do not take action, no harm will come to your site but it will not benefit by a time knocked off of your page-load time.
- Formidable Pro CSS. Go to your Formidable -> Settings page and click update. On update, if your "uploads" folder is writable, and the auto-created "formidable" folder inside of it is writable, your current styling settings will be written into a straight css file. Every time you update your styling settings, this file will be updated as well. In past versions Formidable Pro has relied on a dynamic CSS file that was actually a PHP file with the styling inside of it. If your server is unable to create this file, your site will continue to use the PHP version.
- jQuery UI CSS. In addition to only loading the calendar styling only when one has been loaded on the page (unless you check the box in the settings to load it on all pages), you can also get rid of the external call to load this styling (https://ajax.googleapis.com). This change may or may not save you load-time, but some users have had trouble with this external call on a secure site. In my personal use, I have noticed seeing the message "Waiting for https://ajax.googleapis.com". Anyway, if you would like to host this styling on your own site, you can do so. Please see the instructions in the docs.
- Changed the ID of the select, user id, and hidden fields to "field_" plus field key
- Moved the "Edit HTML" button out of the "Advanced Form Options" area
- Only load css when needed
- Jump to form on page after errors
- Added option to use [admin_email] in the "Email Form Responses to" line to save time for those who only want to change their email address in one place.
- Free only: If no email address is inserted, the email will be sent to the admin email
- PRO: Added Time field
- PRO: Added option to use posted data in the redirect URL
- PRO: Added option to set the range for the scale field
- PRO: Added option to attach file uploads to email notifications
- PRO: Moved file uploads to uploads/formidable
- PRO: Optimized the css file by writing it to uploads/formidable/css instead of loading a php file
- PRO: Added styling for field description, and gradients and shadows on the submit button
- PRO: Updated default values to work with radio, check box, and select fields.
- PRO: Fixed front-end reports to work in IE and Chrome
- PRO: Added option to dynamically get stats for the currently logged-in user with the
[ frm-stats ]shortcode ie.
[ frm-stats id=x user_id=current ]
- PRO: Added 'round' option to frm-stats to specify the number of decimal places to show ie
[ frm-stats id=x round=2 ]
- PRO: Added 'response_count' to frm-graph to increase the maximum number of responses for a text field ie
[ frm-graph id=x response_count=10 ]
- PRO: Added 'truncate' and 'truncate_label' to frm-graph to adjust the number of characters shown for the graph title and the labels of the graph ie
[ frm-graph id=x truncate=40 truncate_label=7 ]
- PRO: Added fields to the drop-down list for limiting submissions. Now you can "Allow Only One Entry for Each" email address or whatever other field you may have in your form.
- PRO: Change the hidden User ID field to a drop-down for admins editing entries in the back-end
- PRO: Removed the sanitizing from the custom field name to make it possible to use any custom field name desired
- PRO: Update to check for calendar css in the uploads/formidable/css folder before using it from https://ajax.googleapis.com
- PRO: Added options to number field to specify the range and steps used in the HTML5 field
- PRO: More form options are exported in templates
- PRO: Fixed bug preventing fields with an ' or " from getting copied correctly when duplicating and creating/exporting templates
- PRO: Post categories now work as a drop-down
- PRO: Limit form entries to one per [whatever field here]. For example, only allow one submission per email address.
- Other bug fixes and optimization