Plugin: Formidable Forms
A new version of Formidable has been released with a few frequently requested features.
File Upload Progress Bar. When files are uploaded, users will see a message so they won't be left wondering if the entry was submitted. This box uses the colors set for the active field in your styling settings so it will match your theme.
Custom Post Type Support. Formidable Pro can now be used to create custom post types in addition to creating posts. I like using the Custom Post Type UI plugin to create the custom post type, and then it will show up under the "Advanced Form Options" for any forms that include post fields. To see more on this feature and how to use it, go to the Formidable Docs.
Category Exclusions and Hierarchy. The post (or custom post type) categories will now show beneath their parent categories. There are also check boxes added in the field options to exclude any categories you'd like.
Prettier Errors. When required fields are left blank, only one error message will show at the top of the page. The individual errors now show beneath the field.
- Moved a form widget from Pro into the free version
- Updated some templates with fields aligned in a row
- Added option to display labels "hidden" instead of just none. This makes aligning fields in a row with only one label easier
- Additional XHTML compliance for multiple forms on one
- Removed the HTML5 required attribute (temporarily)
- Corrected the label position styling in the regular version
- A little UI clean up
- Added hook for recaptcha customizations
- PRO: Added a
[default-message]shortcode for use in the email message. Now you can add to the default message without completely replacing it
- PRO: Added default styling to the formresults shortcode, as well as additional shortcode options:
[formresults id=x style=1 no_entries="No Entries Found" fields="25,26,27"]
- PRO: Added localizations options to calendar
- PRO: Fixed collapsible Section headings to work with updated HTML
- PRO: Added functionality to admin search to check data from entries fields
- PRO: Added start and end time options for time fields
- PRO: Added 'type' to
[frm-graph]shortcode to force 'pie' or 'bar':
[frm-graph id=x type=pie]
- PRO: Added post_id option to the
[frm-search]shortcode. This will set the action link for the search form.
- PRO: Fixed
[frm-search]shortcode for use on dynamic custom displays. If searching on a detailed entry page, the search will return to the listing page.
- PRO: Updated post fields to work in "data from entries" fields