Popups can present an effective way to get your visitors' attention, but you'll need the right tool. Here are the five best WordPress popup plugins for driving conversions on your WordPress site.
Popups can be a powerful way to catch your visitors’ attention. However, when used incorrectly, they can quickly become an annoyance. They may even drive people away from your website.
Fortunately, there are tools that can help you reap the benefits of including popups without scaring off your audience. By choosing a powerful WordPress popup plugin, you can drive conversions without damaging your site's user experience.
The best news? Most of the popups plugins on our list have advanced features and page-level targeting for WordPress websites. With so many options, you can create opt-in forms and advanced targeting that will grow your email list and still look great in elegant themes.
In this post, we’ll cover five of the best WordPress popup plugins. We’ll go over their benefits, what they have to offer, and pricing details (including if they have a free version). Let’s get started!
The OptinMonster WordPress plugin is a great drag-and-drop popup builder plugin and conversion toolkit. It aims to convert visitors into subscribers. Rather than displaying generic popups, OptinMonster boasts smart targeting options, exit popups, and custom features.
Using this plugin, you can create a wide range of interactive and engaging popups. This includes lightbox, slide-in, content locker, and 'gamified' popups. You can also display custom popups based on individual visitor habits such as their geolocation, links they’ve previously interacted with, or the contents of their WooCommerce cart. You just set a list of characteristics to activate the triggering popup.
- Optimization for web and server performance
- Hundreds of ready-made popup templates
- Built-in A/B split testing
- On-site retargeting for optimal list building
- A range of popup sound effects and animations
Pricing: OptinMonster offers a free WordPress plugin. If you're looking for more customer acquisition and lead generation tools, you can also sign up for the premium OptinMonster service, which starts at $9 per month (but is not required to use the WordPress plugin).
2. Popup Maker
With over 700,000 active installations, Popup Maker is a hugely popular plugin. You can use this flexible and versatile tool to create a wide range of popups, modals, and content overlays. This includes email opt-ins, content upgrades, e-commerce notifications, and even European Union (EU) cookie popups.
Furthermore, to avoid irritating your visitors, you can control how often individuals encounter your popups. You can also modify each notification's contents based on 28 conditions.
- An intuitive Popup Editor
- The ability to embed pre-existing forms into your popups, including a Formidable form
- Popups triggered by user actions, such as a time delay or a form submission
- Compatibility or integration with major email marketing platforms
Pricing: You can get Popup Maker for free. A premium version is also available, starting at $87 per year.
If you don’t want to build your popups from scratch, Bloom comes with over 100 customizable templates. To help you increase conversions, Bloom can also display dynamic content based on factors such as each visitor’s location and previous actions taken on your site.
- A wide range of popup trigger options, including comments, purchases, inactivity, and more
- Integrations with 19 popular email marketing tools, including the Mailchimp platform, the MailPoet plugin, and the Salesforce software
- Fly-in, in-line, below-content, and widget area options (in addition to a classic, centered popup)
- Fully-responsive forms
- 24/7 customer support
Pricing: You can purchase a yearly license for $89. This includes access to Bloom, plus additional software. While there is no free option, Bloom does offer a 30-day Money Back Guarantee.
After creating a form using our intuitive drag-and-drop editor, you can easily convert it into a popup using the Bootstrap Modal plugin. Formidable Forms will then display this form as a Bootstrap Modal popup.
By combining the power and flexibility of the Formidable Form editor with the convenience of our modal add-on, you can create an almost limitless variety of popups. You can even display content from alternative popup plugins in your forms, via shortcodes.
- Over 150 form templates
- Support for conditional logic
- Anti-spam options including honeypot spam protection, Google reCAPTCHA, and Akismet
- Auto-fill popup forms wherever possible
- Mobile-friendly, responsive forms
Pricing: The Bootstrap Modal plugin is included in the Formidable Plus, Business, and Elite plans. Pricing starts at $99 for the first year.
The HubSpot WordPress plugin is a complete marketing solution that offers live chat, analytics, chatbots, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). You can also create popups using HubSpot’s intuitive drag-and-drop builder.
This plugin makes it easy to adjust your popups to match your site’s style and branding. You can also track each popup’s performance using HubSpot’s built-in analytics.
- Syncing with HubSpot CRM
- Email notifications
- Mobile optimization
- Support for various popup types (slide-in, drop-down, etc.)
- Integrations with over 940 apps, including Formidable Forms, Gravity Forms, Stripe, and Zapier
Pricing: The HubSpot WordPress plugin is free to use. Plans for the broader HubSpot service start at $45 per month when paid annually.
Popups are powerful tools for converting visitors to subscribers (and even paying customers). However, if you don't use them strategically, these notifications can irritate your site's users. This is particularly true if you’re using the wrong tool.
If you’re looking for the best WordPress popup plugin, here are the five choices we recommended:
- OptinMonster: This complete conversion toolkit enables you to build popups without writing a single line of code.
- Popup Maker: This versatile plugin integrates with a range of form software and email marketing platforms.
- Bloom: With over 100 templates and six different display types, you can create a popup that perfectly reflects your site’s branding.
- Formidable Forms: By combining Formidable with the Bootstrap Modal plugin, you can convert any form into a popup.
- HubSpot: Created by marketing specialists, this free plugin automatically syncs with HubSpot CRM.
With Formidable Forms and Bootstrap Modal, you can create a limitless number of forms, and then convert them into attention-grabbing popups. Take your WordPress popups to the next level today!