GetResponse is an email marketing service for managing contacts and sending newsletters and campaigns. Learn how to use GetResponse forms on your WordPress site.
Download and Install
- If you haven't already done so, install and activate Formidable Forms.
- In your WordPress admin, go to Formidable → Add-Ons and click the Install button for the GetResponse WordPress plugin.
Setup GetResponse Integration
Once the GetResponse WordPress plugin is installed, a new global settings tab and form action will be available. Your WordPress site needs to be linked to your GetResponse account.
- Go to GetResponse.com and log in. Go to Integrations & API → API to find your API key. If there is no API key listed, click the 'Generate API key' button.
- In a new browser tab, go to Formidable → Global Settings → GetResponse.
- Copy and paste your GetResponse API key on the Formidable Global settings page.
Create GetResponse Forms
Now the form is ready to be mapped to GetResponse fields.
- Go to Formidable → Forms and go to the settings page for your form.
- Click on the Settings → Actions & Notifications tab. Click the Add to GetResponse icon to add an GetResponse action to your form.
- Give your GetResponse action a Label for easy reference. This label will only be seen on the back-end.
- Select the GetResponse list and then connect fields from your form with the GetResponse fields. Be sure to map all required GetResponse fields.
- Submit the form and a new contact will be added in GetResponse after the double optin email is confirmed.
No GetResponse lists found
If you are seeing this error message after following the setup instructions above, the below suggestions might help.
- Have you added the correct API key in your Formidable → Global Settings → GetResponse page?
- Install the Formidable Logs add-on to get more details about any errors that might be preventing your data from getting to GetResponse.
To see logging messages after any API calls, install the Logs plugin. Once installed, you will find GetResponse logging messages on the Formidable → Logs page. The details on this page will include any messages returned by the API call.