GetResponse is an email marketing service for managing contacts and sending newsletters and campaigns. Learn how to use GetResponse forms on your WordPress site.
Download and Install
- Download the latest version of the GetResponse WordPress plugin
- In your WordPress admin, go to 'Plugins' → 'Add New' and click the 'Upload' link at the top of the page.
- Click the 'Browse' button and select the zip file you just downloaded. Once the plugin is installed, click 'Activate Plugin' or go to the 'Plugins' page, find 'Formidable GetResponse' and click 'Activate'.
- In your WordPress admin, go to 'Formidable' → 'Plugin Licenses' and add your license key for the GetResponse add-on.
Setup GetResponse Integration
Once the GetResponse WordPress plugin is installed, a new global settings tab and form action will be available. Your WordPress site needs to be linked to your GetResponse account.
- Go to GetResponse.com and log in. Go to Integrations & API → API to find your API key. If there is no API key listed, click the "Generate API key" button.
- In a new browser tab, go to Formidable → Global Settings → GetResponse.
- Copy and paste your GetResponse API key on the Formidable Global settings page.
Create GetResponse Forms
Now the form is ready to be mapped to GetResponse fields.
- Go to Formidable → Forms and go to the settings page for your form.
- Click on the Settings → Form Actions tab. Click the Add to GetResponse icon to add an GetResponse action to your form.
- Give your GetResponse action a Label for easy reference. This label will only be seen on the back-end.
- Select the GetResponse list and then connect fields from your form with the GetResponse fields. Be sure to map all required GetResponse fields.
- Submit the form and a new contact will be added in GetResponse after the double optin email is confirmed.