Create a Reset Password page with forgot password form so you can keep the look and feel of your theme when users forget a password. Please note: you must have the WordPress user registration plugin installed in order to create a Reset Password page.
Create a reset password page
Create a page where logged-out users can reset their password if they have forgotten it. Follow the steps below to set this up.
- If you are using the [frm-login] shortcode anywhere on your site, add the show_lost_password attribute to the shortcode:
This will add a 'Forgot your password?' link to your login form.
- Create a new page and title it 'Reset Password'. Insert the following shortcode on the page:
- Publish the page.
- Go to 'Formidable' → 'Global Settings' → 'Registration'. In the 'Global Pages' section, map the 'Reset Password Page' option to the 'Reset Password' page you just created.
- Click 'Update Options'. Now, when any of your login forms are visited, the "Forgot your password?" link will appear:
When the 'Forgot your password' link is clicked it will direct users to the 'Reset Password' page:
After the user submits their email address, a link will be emailed to them which will take the user back to the 'Lost Password' page to reset their password.
Reset password shortcode
This shortcode inserts a 'Lost Password' form that will send users a reset password link when submitted. The link takes the user back to your site to reset their password. The shortcode will then show a 'Reset Password' form rather than a 'Lost Password' form.
- lostpass_button: Use this parameter to set the text on the "Get new password" button.
[frm-reset-password lostpass_button="Send me a new password"]
- resetpass_button: Use this parameter to set the text on the "Reset password" button.
[frm-reset-password resetpass_button="Send new password"]
- class: Apply a Formidable Style or your own CSS class to the reset password form. If no class is specified, the default Formidable style will be used. If you would like to remove Formidable styling, add class="" to the shortcode.
Apply specific Formidable Style
If you would like to apply a specific Formidable Style to your Reset Password form, follow the directions below.
- Go to 'Formidable' → 'Styles'.
- 'Select' the Style you would like to use.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page where the CSS class of the Style is located.
Copy the CSS class name.
- Go to the page where you're inserting the reset password shortcode and add a class to it like so:
Do not include the period in the class name
- Now when the page is visited, the reset password form will be in the selected style.