Formidable Forms is a world-class form builder for WordPress and makes it easy to create forms on a WordPress site (such as a form for job applications). Formidable Forms provides a drag-and-drop interface so users can easily add, move, and customize fields in their form. Beyond that, Formidable can be used to search and display submissions in a custom format which makes nearly anything possible.
WordPress Content Writer (Full-time or part-time)
As a Writer at Formidable Forms, you’re responsible for growing our organic traffic and converting website visitors into email subscribers and customers.
- Write and edit blog posts that are engaging, actionable, error-free, and follow our style guide.
- See assignments through completion from conception and research to publishing.
- Do keyword research to identify target keywords and use your research to plan, structure, and write the content.
- Proactively self-manage and prioritize your workload to keep the content calendar on schedule with minimal oversight.
- Monitor SEO rankings and optimize previous posts to boost traffic and conversions.
- Work with the developers to write new feature announcements.
- Write email newsletters and send them using MailChimp.
- Proactively provide creative input in discussions and collaborate towards a higher quality finished product or better idea.
- Proactively communicate so effectively that other involved team members never wonder what the status is on your activities.
This is not an exhaustive list of role responsibilities. This outline indicates the major responsibilities of this role on a regular basis.
Here are some skills that will come handy:
- Have the ability to research and understand technical concepts and then explain them in simple terms to people who aren’t tech-savvy.
- Self-starter who loves taking initiative to solve problems and learn new skills, and are comfortable working with minimal direction.
- Take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- Excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- IMPORTANT: You have experience writing about WordPress-related topics, such as reviews and tutorials.
- WordPress: You’re comfortable with writing and formatting posts and pages, changing post status and scheduling posts, installing and configuring plugins, basic WordPress troubleshooting, etc.
- Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured article with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational blog-style tone. You can edit your own work to eliminate careless errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
- Research: You have experience researching online and know how to evaluate the reliability and suitability of your sources.
- Image Editing: You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images; add text, borders, or other elements; compress images; and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
- Basic SEO: You understand what SEO is and why it’s important. You know how to research keyword volume and search intent and how to effectively use keywords in your content without keyword stuffing.
- Basic HTML: You can use the text editor in WordPress to add links and do basic formatting of lists, subheadings, etc. with HTML.
- Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Team Player: You enjoy meeting and getting along with people from diverse backgrounds, are respectful of cultural differences and make an effort to communicate clearly. You’re enthusiastic about helping out your teammates.
Our Core Values
Whatever the market conditions or current trends, these are the values that guide us. In work or play, private or public, this is who we are.
- People first.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Labor for simplicity.
- Improve every day.
Our small team is spread around the world. We are self-driven, so we enjoy working from home or wherever else we choose. If you want the same things we do, join us!