Want to use Stripe and WordPress together? Introducing the Ultimate Stripe WordPress plugin! Process payments the easy way.
Looking to bring the most popular payment processing tool to your WordPress site? There are two ways to do this:
- With coding: Develop a custom checkout for your online store.
- Using a plugin: Install a stable & trusted plugin to handle the code for you.
If you aren't keen on coding, worry not! Today we will introduce you to a plugin that can do much more than allow you to accept credit card payments using Stripe. We're talking about our WordPress forms plugin: Formidable Forms.
The best thing about Formidable? It includes an entire series of add-ons - not just a Stripe integration (more on those later). For example, if you have an existing WooCommerce setup, Formidable can fit into that easily with our WooCommerce form builder add-on.
That means you can connect Stripe plus a lot more to your WordPress site. In this post, we'll take you on a tour of the many features that make Formidable Forms a Stripe WordPress plugin you can rely on. Let's jump in!
What does the Formidable Stripe WordPress plugin do?
Let's quickly run through some of the features that make our Stripe payment plugin great.
When it comes to selling digital, the Stripe payment gateway comes highly recommended. But Formidable Forms can make your payment forms better than you could imagine:
- Collect payments directly from your site (conversely to PayPal, which takes users away).
- Choose to collect one-time payments or recurring subscriptions via credit card.
- Use conditional logic in your forms to trigger actions after payment (or within payment forms based on user actions).
- Formidable auto-updates entries after completed, refunded, or failed payments.
- Choose from several pre-built, eCommerce-ready Stripe form templates.
- Compliance for all markets: PCI, Secure 3D, and Strong Customer Authentication (SCA).
- Formidable includes a calculator creator to enhance your forms with calculations.
- Trigger actions like email notifications after payments have been successfully received.
- Our plugin features a visual styler so you can adjust the look of payment buttons (and much more) with ease.
- Formidable also has eCommerce pricing fields so you can build fully independent payment forms.
Of course, setting up recurring payments and having on-site checkout are standard with most Stripe plugins for WordPress. With Formidable, you'll get everything above, plus a fully functional form building app.
Formidable Forms: More than just Stripe for WordPress
The above list covers more than most Stripe WordPress plugins. That's the beauty of Formidable Forms, though. We're just getting started!
Our plugin is a form builder with many integrations. That means your forms, Stripe, email platform, CRM, and a lot more can all be connected.
Getting started with Stripe and WordPress
All you need to get started are the following:
- Formidable Forms Elite Plan
- The Formidable Stripe Payments add-on
- An SSL enabled website
- A Stripe account
1. Getting Formidable Forms Elite
Setting up Formidable Forms is easy. Just head to our pricing page, choose the Elite plan and follow the on-screen instructions. You end up with our premium plugin installed on your WordPress site in no time!
And if you've got cold feet, that's okay. We have a 14-day money-back guarantee. Go ahead and try our Form builder and Stripe WordPress plugin at no risk. If you don't love it, we'll give you 100% of your money back.
And by the way, our knowledgebase has full documentation for our Stripe WordPress plugin here too... along with hundreds of more help docs!
2. Install and activate the Formidable Stripe integration
From your WordPress dashboard, click Add-Ons under Formidable. This will bring you to a page that lists all the Formidable add-ons. Great news! Since you're an Elite user now, you'll be able to install as many as you want.
To install the Stripe integration, click Install and then click Activate. Now you will be able to connect your Stripe account!
3. Setting up SSL on your website
If you don't have SSL enabled on your website yet, don't sweat it. These days most web hosting allows you to install one with a few easy steps. If you plan on running any kind of site that accepts payments, this is a must.
4. Sign up for Stripe
If you don't already have a Stripe account, signing up is free. They earn money by charging transaction fees and by providing other data-related services. Click here to see what they charge in your area and sign up if you haven't already done so.
Connecting your Stripe account to WordPress
With our latest update, it's easier than ever to connect your Stripe account to WordPress. No more messing around with Stripe API! Just click a button from your WordPress dashboard, follow a setup wizard, and you're done.
All you need to do is click on the Connect to Stripe button in the Stripe settings under Formidable.
You will then be taken to another page where you'll see a setup wizard. Follow the steps and your Stripe payment system will be enabled!
It really is that easy. With all that talk about advanced features, it can be easy to miss the small stuff. But Formidable can help with the basics too. Like placing your product forms on any post or page easily with a simple shortcode, for example.