Follow the directions below to display a list of testimonials on your site, or a single random testimonial.
Create the form
Create a new Testimonials form. You may want to include the following three fields: name (text field), photo (file upload), and testimonial (paragraph). Submit a few example testimonials.
Create the listings page
- In your WordPress admin, go to "Pages" → “Add New” and create your testimonials page.
- Go to "Formidable" → "Views" and select "Add New".
- Give the new View a title and a description for reference, if you would like.
- Select your Testimonials form from the "Use Entries from Form" drop-down.
- Select "All Entries" for the Display Format.
- Add your HTML into the "Before Content", "Content", and "After Content" boxes. This "Content" section will be repeated for each testimonial. Here is an example of code that you could add to the "Content" section:
<div class="[evenodd] single_testimonial"> [if photo]<img src="[photo]" class="alignleft">[/if photo]Formidable Forms is the best WordPress Form Builder plugin. Get it for free!
- Save your View.
- Insert the View on the testimonials page using [display-frm-data id=x filter=1] or insert the View automatically using the Advanced Settings at the bottom of the View. Read more about publishing a View.
Create the random testimonial widget
- Follow steps 2 - 4 above.
- Select "Single Entry" for the Display Format.
- Add your HTML into the "Before Content", "Content", and "After Content" boxes. Here is an example of code that you could add to the "Content" section:
<p>"[statement]" — [name]</p>
- In the Advanced Settings at the bottom of the View, set the Order to Random.
- Save your View.
- Copy the shortcode for your View, i.e. [display-frm-data id=x filter=1].
- Go to "Appearance" → "Widgets"
- Drag a "Text" widget into your sidebar.
- Insert your shortcode into the text widget and save.