Require users to perform a simple calculation before submitting a form in order to prevent spam. This add-on extends the Captcha plugin by BestWebSoft to work with Formidable.
Download and Install
- Install the Captcha plugin at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/captcha/ or from your WordPress Admin. To install from your WordPress admin, go to add a new plugin, and search for 'BWS'. Install the Captcha plugin by BestWebSoft.
- Download latest version of Formidable Math Captcha
- In your WordPress admin, go to 'Plugins' → 'Add New' and click the 'Upload' link at the top of the page.
- Click the 'Browse' button and select the zip file you just downloaded. Once the plugin is installed, click 'Activate Plugin' or go to the 'Plugins' page, find 'Formidable Math Captcha' and click 'Activate'.
Set up the Math Captcha add-on
- Go to 'BWS Panel' (in your WordPress menu) → 'Captcha' → 'Formidable' tab and check 'Enable'.
- Formidable will use the settings you select on this page. Go to 'BWS Panel' (in your WordPress menu) → 'Captcha' → 'General Options'.
- Now, math captcha will be automatically inserted in all Formidable forms.
If you do not see the Captcha, go to 'BWS Panel' (in your WordPress menu) → 'Captcha' → 'WordPress Comments Form' and uncheck 'Hide from registered users'.
If you would like to remove the math captcha from specific forms, go into that form's 'Settings', scroll down to 'Miscellaneous' and select 'Do not include the math captcha with this form.'