Yeah! New features! But first, a word of caution.... PHP 4 is no longer supported in this an all future versions of Formidable. If you are running at least version 3.3 of WordPress, rest assured that you will have no problems with this change. However, if WordPress has prevented you from updating past version 3.2 with messages that it is not supported on your server, then you will also need to stop updating Formidable at this point until you can get your web host to update their version of PHP.
Ajax submit has been added. It can be enabled on a form-by-form basis. To enable ajax submit, go to the settings page for each form, and check the box to "submit this form with ajax." File uploads will not yet be submitted via ajax.
Field Stats within Ranges
Added option to limit by ranges in the frm-stats shortcode. For example, this shortcode would only count entries where the value of field 45 was between 1 month and 3 days ago:
[frm-stats id=50 '-1 month'<45<'-3 days']
Dates, numbers, and text values can be used for the greater than and less than options. See more examples.
Additional Field Options
Dropdown fields include a checkbox to allow multiple options to be selected in that field. This switches the field to a multi-select field. The size of this field can also be customized in the field options.
The dropdown to "Allow Only One Entry for Each" field has been modified. All form fields have been removed from this dropdown, in favor of only using the "unique" checkbox in the field options.
Customizing the unique error message is now possible without custom code. It has been added as a global setting as well as an individual field setting.
Email Message Customization
Added buttons to insert default HTML or plain text for those who wish to modify the default message without starting from scratch. For more information on customizing the default message, see this page.
Allow external short codes in the email recipients box.
Additional Content Customizability
Added striphtml=1 for use within custom displays. This allows you to strip any HTML from user-submitted content before displaying it on your site.
Added shortcode option to get the field description with [125 show="description"]. This new option can be used in custom displays, email messages, or anywhere else you can insert field shortcodes.
You may now delete Formidable entries that were used to create post content without also deleting the created posts. Use the new "delete without post" link to delete only the entry. This link can be found on the view and edit entries pages in the back-end.
Custom CSS can now be added directly into the visual styling page in the Formidable global settings. Any CSS added here will not be overwritten when updating the Plugin.
Other Changes and Additions
- Fields with separate values have an extra column on entries page to show the saved value
- Added a link to the uploaded file in the entry edit form
- Added "like" and "not like" options to the conditional logic for hiding and showing fields
- Switched section headings and page breaks to use h3 tags by default instead of h2
- Switched rich text fields to default to TinyMCE
- Switched the field options bulk edit to use the admin ajax url to minimize plugin conflicts
- Show the taxonomy name even if it is not linked to a post
- Fixed post content replacement when entry is updated instead of only on creation
- Moved all stripslashes and unserializing to the point the data is retrieved from the database
- Added quotes around the menu position number to minimize menu position conflicts with other plugins
- View the full Changelog